What Is The Importance Of Event Management?
How you manage corporate events can either boost or damage a business’s reputation and client base.
Staging events, whether small get-togethers with sponsors or employees or thousand-person launch events, allow a company to promote its brand and make new relationships.
With a good reputation, clients are more likely to engage with a company for its services. Those clients are also more likely to try new products at a launch and back a brand they can relate with.
Effective event coordination can be the difference between a company with mediocre events attended by only a few people and a business that holds interactive engagements and offers a return on their investment.
Depending on the industry, the return can include greater exposure, new relationships between vendors, and a more extensive client base.
If a business has returning clients and happy participants, it can show what the events industry can do while ensuring a budget is followed. In addition, post-reports are done to improve events for the next time, ensuring the opinion of guests are heard and considered.
The Role Of The Event Manager
The duties and responsibilities of an event manager’s career will vary from event to event and between industries.
Some coordinators may only be responsible for the day of the event, while others may plan the entire function for an extended period and are included in every aspect of the planning stages as well as the day of the event.
They will start with general research and creative brainstorming, then begin by collecting lists and information from the host company.
This list can include potential venues, sponsorships, budget plans, and themes in which they can utilise to create an outline and timeline of the event.
Generally, when you search for an event coordinator, you should search for someone capable of creating an event management plan first and foremost. Your coordinator should have experience in:
- Securing sponsorships, if necessary
- Establishing relationships between vendors, sponsors, and the hosting company
- Creative brainstorming and implementation of event themes
- Obtaining permits
- Contract negotiation
- The hiring of service staff
- Handling of the budget and invoicing
- Marketing and advertising
- Risk management
- Execution of the plan on the day of the event
- Coordination of services according to an established timeline
- Post reports and surveys
- Follow up with the client company
What Are The Benefits Of Event Management?
The perks of event management are evident at the close of events when the industry reaps the benefits of successful event planning.
Timeline And Staff
The inclusion of an event management company ensures that an event runs according to plan. Part of the success is delivering an event that meets their client company’s needs and requirements.
By using event management and project management, you receive experts that are specifically trained for thoroughly executing different aspects of the conference. This frees up the client’s employees to continue their jobs unhindered.
Tourism and the events industry are using social activities around the world to broaden their scope, secure new clientele, and make a profit from it.
An event management company that specialises in organising social events can bring a personalised experience to your audience, offering a diverse and unique event.
Success isn’t just measured by an event that is put on and attended. An event planner will manage staff and address the five c’s of event management to create a successful milestone in your business.
The Five C’s
The five c’s are necessary aspects of event coordination to ensure a positive outcome. They are as follows:
- Concept: The first step is considering the concept. Why are you hosting the event? What do you want the takeaway to be?
- Coordination: After conceptualising an event, it’s time to get all of the logistics in order. This phase involves contacting vendors, staff, and anything else involved with the event. Creating a schedule outlining all of the dates, times, and important details is necessary for a smooth event.
- Control: Control is one of the most vital aspects of event planning. It’s essential to follow up with venues, view spaces to see what you have to work with, and create backup plans in case something doesn’t go according to schedule.
- Culmination: The culmination is the day of the event. This is when an event planner must be on top of everything to ensure a successful and smooth event. Make sure a schedule is being followed, any technicalities are being handled, and clients are happy and entertained.
- Conclusion: The conclusion of the event involves paying out any outstanding vendors, closing out contracts, providing feedback to your staff, and most importantly, following up with attendees to see what they enjoyed or what they think could have been improved during the event.
All of this is done on a budget, on time, and ensuring effective risk management from beginning to end. An event management company operates within an exclusive career. They showcase the skills and experience necessary to catch hidden costs or problems for successful events. They also offer new and innovative ideas that are utilised for each launch and party.
Why ABZ Events For Event Management?
ABZ Events offers top-of-the-line event production across the entire UK. Over the last 15 years, ABZ Events has created a reputation with venues, brands, sponsors, and important contacts to ensure a successful event for you and your clients.
Some of the things the experienced professionals at Eclipse can provide include:
- Ongoing support team
- Knowledge of event planning and the industry
- Post-report analysis
- Skilled and experienced workers
- Access to exclusive venues and vendors
- Creativity to build content surrounding your event
- Virtual, small event, or large event production
- Bespoke stage and set design with audio & visual support